Saturday, May 13, 2006

I Hate Credit Cards


I Hate Credit Cards

My personal finances are perfectly okay thank you very much. I do not need to consolidate all my loans. I do not need to borrow £10,000 to buy a new car, go on holiday or to pay for my wife's boob job. I only wanted to walk to the corner shop and buy the saturday papers. On my way out of the door I am confronted with nearly a sackful of mail. "Isn't it simply wonderful that in this day and age of the internet and texting and goodness knows what else I still have friends who stick with the tried and tested method of writing a letter". On closer inspection, of course, my pile of post turned out to be nothing more than an endless array of advertising pamphlets telling offering me all kinds of credit cards and loans that i don't need. On returning from the shops with my newspapers I'm then treated to yet more of these damn things. I swear that half the thickness of the weekend papers is made up from these leaflets. Straight into the recycling with it all! Don't be surprised if I post in another hour or so after being confronted by yet more idiocy of the modern world courtesy of the papers.

1 Comments:

Blogger A Misanthropian Adventurer said...

I hate the idea of credit. Given that I wish barter was still an acceptable form of payment (combined with coin money, as barter alone is impractical in this modern world), I understand the use of debit cards and things like PayPal to facilitate ease of payment. However, the idea of credit is horrifying. I understand that if someone knows the store clerk of the corner store and is short payment, the clerk could allow him to pay as he knows that the customer is a regular one. However, anything beyond that is incomprehensible to me. This society is a credit society and the amount of debt that our culture has is abhorrent. Maybe debtors prisons had the right idea (http://misanthropianadventurer.blogspot.com/2012/03/indentured-service.html).

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home